Hope everyone had a wonderful 3 day weekend! Instead of heading out of town we decided to stay local. It was amazing how long the weekend felt when we didn’t go anywhere. Lazy mornings followed with family tennis outdoors and brownie baking afternoons. I’m thinking we need to do this more often!
Today’s Round Up is all about the Nordstrom Winter Sale that’s happening now! You know me and a good sale, I have to share my faves. The Corsetta tier tassel earrings are so good, over the knee boots at half the price, the cutest mules, moto-jackets at 40% off, slouchy shirts that you’ll live in..so many fabulous steals.
I rounded up a ton of my top picks, and many will be sold out soon, so jump on the sale now. It ends Feb 25th but the good stuff goes fast! If on your phone, simply tap the image to see the sale price! If you’re on your computer just hover over the item for sale price. Remember to just click back to access my roundup and add items to your bag easily. Happy shopping.
White Knit Sweaters
Happy Thursday y’all! Valentine’s Day is coming up so I thought I’d share a sweet story. Like many of you my kids have a complete love/hate relationship. They can’t live without each other but most of the time they drive each other bonkers. So, I had to share this sweet sibling moment. Mike and I usually let the kids sleep in Jack’s bunk bed during the weekends. It’s fun for them. I had just put them to bed, giving each child kisses and hugs. As I shut the door I heard Jack say, “Good night, Audrey. You’re the best sister”. Audrey then replied, “Thanks Jack, you’re the best brother ever”. Of course I couldn’t help but to open the door and tell them how happy that made my heart. They giggled and said, “Moooooooom oh my gosh, you were listening?”. I then proceeded to remind them I hear and know everything that happens in their life. I say this often, in part to scare them so that they behave even when I’m not around, but I think they might really believe it, ha! Anyhow, my mama heart about burst and my bucket was so full at that moment.
So let’s talk fashion. I love a great white knit sweater in the winter and spring! My favorite combo is always paired with distressed jeans. It’s just so effortless and easy. Dressed up or down you can’t go wrong. At the bottom of this post I linked a bunch of different styles for you to choose from, slouchy, bell-sleeve, cable-knit, and many on sale. So many great options but if you want the look for less, my white knit sweater is $15, yep that’s like 3 Starbucks! And it’s super cute and comfy. I sized up to a medium for that slouchy look. Grab it here. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend! P.S. If you love my earrings stay tuned for a fun Giveaway that includes these pretty tassel ones!
Hope everyone’s New Year is starting off well! I’m curious..what are your thoughts on making resolutions at the beginning of each year? Come January do you list new personal and/or career goals to accomplish? I’m not someone who sits down and makes an actual list. Instead, I usually carve out time (maybe during a long run) to do some personal reflection. Most would agree, it’s easy to focus first on the things we’d like to change about ourselves or improve upon, but I say focus on the positive first. Start by counting the many blessings and successes you and your family had the year before. Then, think about the things you hope to accomplish or change for the better. Do you have any tips for starting the New Year?
Moving on to today’s style post..it’s all about the cozy chenille. I absolutely love the look and feel of this trend. With so many different sweater styles, colors, and lengths you won’t have a hard time finding a piece that fits your wardrobe. I’m completely aware that spring style has sprung but we still have lots of cold weather ahead so I linked 12 different cozy chenille options for y’all. Most of the styles are on SALE so hurry and take advantage of the great prices now!
We are less than a week away from Christmas! Can you believe it? How many of you sit around your tree on Christmas Eve or maybe a week or two before the big day wrapping gifts alone? I’ve done that many times and it’s fine. I usually have a Christmas movie on and a glass of yummy eggnog, but I miss the times when I lived closer to family and we’d sprawl out on the floor wrapping our packages and laughing together. So, this year I decided to host a Wrap Party for a few girlfriends. It was such a fun night! We shared gift ideas for kids and husbands, sipped wine, indulged in some yummy bites and the best part..everyone left feeling accomplished. A few of my girlfriends said they wrapped 90% of their gifts that night! How fantastic is that! So, I thought I’d share some details about the night. Below are a few of my tidbits on, “How to Host a Wrap Party”. Its not too late to throw an impromptu party this week with some of your besties! P.S. My winter white sweater is here and on sale. I sized up for a more slouchy look!
- Communicate your needs. I supplied the wrapping paper, ribbon, and other gift toppers but asked friends to bring their own tags. A few friends brought extra wrapping paper which ended up being helpful! I sourced most of my supplies from HomeGoods and Target.
- Make it fun and give ideas of how to dress your gifts. If you have time wrap some gifts in advance so that they get inspired with your wrapping ideas.
- Make everything accessible. I had a bin of wrapping paper to pull from and a caddy/bow box that the girls could easily access.
- Remember basics. Supply a roll of tape and a pair of scissors per guest so that no one is waiting/sharing the basics. Have plenty of pens for addressing tags and cards.
- Keep the attire supper casual and comfy. When you’re alone wrapping gifts you aren’t dressed up sitting on the floor so don’t make your guests do that! I told my guests leggings, sweatshirts, slippers. Next year I’m going to have guests come in their coziest Christmas pj’s to up the festive factor.
- Feed your guests! No brainer..I know, but have simple finger food out and nibbles that make it easy to take a break from wrapping to socialize and get something in your tummy. Don’t forget the Peppermint Bark!
- Drinks! No ladies night is complete without wine and bubbles, right!!! Think ahead, you want your guests to be able to set their drink down and focus on wrapping, so small tables and trays serve a good purpose.
- Consider a takeaway. I wanted to do this but didn’t have everything lined up. Next year, for sure! Send your guests home with a small gift that fits the party theme. Maybe it’s a roll of red twine for future wrapping or a set of cute name tags. You could also just send home some of your favorite holiday treats.
I hope I inspired you to make gift wrapping fun! Happy Holidays all!
You’ve probably seen JORD watches all over lately (I hosted a giveaway with them last year) and maybe wondering why. Their unique design and craftsmanship is making a big impression on watch lovers due to the fact that these watches are hand crafted with wood. This is not an easy thing to do! I was able to get my hands on the newly released rose gold Cassia
(comes in other colors) and it’s just gorgeous looking while also maintaining the intelligence and function that watch lovers desire. Whenever I wear this watch I’m constantly asked questions about it. Is that watch really wood? Where did you get that watch? Can I try it on my wrist? It’s such a statement piece and would make a unique and beautiful gift for just about anyone. JORD carries a wide variety of colors, sizes, shapes, and wood that would fit anyone’s style. I actually thought about getting a men’s watch for myself but fell in love with the shape and style of the Cassia.
This Holiday season I’m focused on offering my readers more discounts for fabulous gift ideas! So Tis the Season to gift something unique and from the heart. When you wear a watch don’t you always think about the person who gave it to you. I know I do. JORD is now offering an option to custom engrave the back of your watch or the keepsake wooden box. Personally, I love the option to engrave the back of a watch. We all have nicknames/special sayings in a family that would make a gift like this, even more thoughtful.
I linked below the mens shop and the womens shop for easy access but don’t forget to grab your exclusive discount code first!! Your code will be emailed and you have to use it before December 15th! Feel free to ask me any questions. I should mention they can size your watch for you or help with any other special requests. The customer service is really helpful. So happy shopping!!