With the start of the New Year, it’s a good time to evaluate what worked for you last year, and what needs to be incorporated this year! Today’s roundup is focused on physical and mental health. I’m sharing 9 tips, some of which I embraced in 2015, and some that are on this year’s “live well” list!
1. Skincare – I’ve found that my skin is drier than it was in my 20’s, and hydration plays an important role in keeping it healthy. This year, we spent New Years at home with the kids and some of our closest friends. After we put the kids to bed, we went crazy! We put on our pajamas, drank champagne, and wore hydrating facial masks. Don’t laugh, it was actually a great night. We (husbands required to participate) decided to test a few brands from Sephora, like Dr. JART, Sephora Brand, and Boscia. We loved the hydrating and skin rejuvenating results. Feeling inspired to make this part of our regular skincare, my girlfriend did a little research online and discovered that the Dermal Korea Collagen Masks are inexpensive and highly rated. Order a 16 combo pack here for less than $13.
2. Like many families, we’ve been incorporating kale in our diet for a few years now. The leafy green is jam-packed with nutrients. Smoothies, salads, and chips are great kale options. This year I want to give seaweed a go! I loved this article, discussing the benefits of seaweed and why we should incorporate it in our diets. I’m researching recipe’s and will be sure to share a few.
3. Water – Sometimes life get’s busy and we forget to drink enough water. Top rated, this stainless steel water bottle which is tempshield protected, will help me stay on top of my hydration whether it’s hot or cold outside.
4. Rich in vitamin C and great for your skin, lemons, are so easy to bring into your diet. Last year I started adding them to my water everyday and I could see a difference in my skin. It felt brighter and more balanced. My tip – Every morning, mix a gallon of water and the juice from 2-3 lemons. If it’s prepared, then chances are, you will drink it all.
5. Makeup is a beauty benefit that can make us feel good about ourselves (mental health). 2015 was the year for red lipstick, and I loved the throw back glamour. Mac’s Ruby Woo will still be in my rotation (Valentine’s day is near), but I love a natural lip as well. Also from Mac, Fleshpot is the perfect nude with a touch of pink, to help you put your best face forward.
6. Invest in some stylish workout gear. My theory – if you like wearing your workout gear, then you will probably workout more! Athleta is one of my favorite brands for performance, style, and affordability. These wine colored pants are currently on sale and super cute.
7. Clear the clutter and organize your life! I keep seeing and hearing about the book that changes your life, but have yet to read it. The International Bestseller, the life-changing magic of tidying up, will be at the top of my list for 2016. Read it with me!
8. My children are still little, but old enough to start learning the value of $$. This year we will embrace earning a small allowance. We will begin to teach the importance of saving, donating, and spending wisely.
9. As a busy mother, wife, and blogger, sometimes I don’t eat all my fruit and vegetables. I know that Dr. Oz would think this is a bad excuse, but I’m guessing some of you can relate. Last year I began to incorporate Vitamineral Green in my diet. The benefits are tremendous and I highly recommend the product.
With much excitement and growth surrounding aglaMoMorouslife, I’m thrilled to be bringing you more benefits this year. Coming soon will be an upgraded and more interactive website! Thank you for helping make 2015 a great year! Wishing you all a healthy and prosperous 2016!