Stay on trend this New Years and embrace your girlie glam side! Nothing screams “Belle of the Ball” like a blush tulle maxi paired with a gorgeous sequins top. I adore this look, but you don’t have to shop this exact look. I often take inspiration from an outfit that one of my favorite bloggers or brands style and then put my own twist on it. One of my 2017 goals for a glaMoMorous life is to show readers how to do this as well. How to use what you have in your closet to embrace a trend rather than buying everything. To my readers that prefer direct shopping links..DON’T WORRY!! I’ll still have lots of shoppable posts because I know many of you prefer the ease of seeing an outfit and being able to click and buy. For my ladies who like getting a little inspo and then trying to recreate a look, this is actually easier to recreate than you think! Let’s talk it out. If you have a long maxi skirt in a solid color (doesn’t need to be tulle) then you’re half way there. Odds are you might own a gold, black, or silver sequins top (these colors go with everything). Tuck it in to accentuate your waist (if needed use spanx to keep it tight). Boom! You’re now the “Belle of the Ball”! Simple heels and a little red lipstick will up your glam factor! Note – If you don’t have a sequins top and want to try and grab one at the last minute, H&M, Forever 21, Zara, and Charlotte Russe (yes I typed that, ya know my love of mixing high and low) are your best bet for finding one quickly!
2016 was a remarkable year! As I sit here, pondering my top 5 favorite moments to share, I realize it’s so hard to list just 5! However, for the sake of y’all, I will refrain from listing 100 favorite moments because well.. that’s just a bit ridiculous. So, in no particular order here are some of my favorite memories to share. I should mention that at first every moment was about my children, lol, but I decided I could incorporate a few others.
- The moment my 6-year-old daughter started reading. I don’t mean putting a few words/sentences together, I’m talking full blown reading chapter books! I get so much joy out of hearing her read, and seeing the love she has for books. It’s an amazing mommy moment.
- Watching my 3-year-old (now 4) son ski down the bunny hill without an ounce of fear. He was so tiny, all bundled up, wearing a big smile, blazing down the hill!
- Celebrating my parents 40th anniversary. My mother and father are two of the most selfless, hard-working, loving individuals I know. They have been my greatest example of marriage, love, communication, and commitment. I am beyond blessed to have them as parents and grandparents to my children. Celebrating their 40th was a magical moment.
- My blog! I started this as a hobby and outlet as a stay at home mom. I’ve pushed myself more than ever in 2016 and the hard work is paying off with more opportunities, brand collaborations, and recognition! I can’t wait for 2017!
- If you follow my Instagram account then you know that we brought home our french bulldog fur baby, King Louis, in May of this year! We are over-the-moon in love and obsessed with our new family member. He brings us so much joy and truly completes our family!
Wishing y’all beautiful moments, treasured memories, and all the blessings a heart can know! Happy New Year! Blogger Note –> Of course on the day of shooting this beautiful look it was soooo sunny, so we ended up shooting in two different spots! Our second spot proved to have much better lighting!